I finished repairing cabinets. When the kitchen sink is filled with ice water, condensate would form on underside of the sink and then drip onto the cabinet bottom. The cabinet bottom is absolutely non-waterproof and the floor warped. I’m putting in nice plywood coated with several layers of spar varnish, so this won’t be a problem again.
When I filled the 1/2 gallon canning jars with the turkey stock, I let them set for awhile and then further cooled them in the refrigerator. I just scraped the fat off the stock and am reheating it. I’ll can the stock in a mixture of 12 and 16 ounce jars. This is a job for a pressure canner. I have Presto and an All American brand canners that I bought at garage sales. The local agricultural extension folks checked the gauge calibration–the gauges read within 1/2 PSI of actual pressure, so I’m good to go. This stuff must be processed in a pressure canner. Any other room temperature storage solution will not work.
I’ve been restoring a Hallicrafters SX-101 Mark III receiver. This is a 1950s ham radio receiver. I finished it up tonight while the stock was heating up. I’m amazed at how well it works. When it was given to me, it had been stored in what I call dry outside storage. Basically it was stored outside but under a roof. It had not been damaged by water or humidity (live in a desert), but it did have about 1/2 inch of dust and dirt in the radio.
Next on the bench will be a home shortwave radio–a Bosch radio from the mid to late 1930s. This radio also doubles as living room furniture with a beautifully styled wood cabinet.